Sunday, June 14, 2009

Great Aunt Elyse

So the holy grail has just been discovered... at least the Schultz family version of the holy grail. My Great Aunt Elyse was the greatest of cooks. A woman with a distinguished pallet who was a also a kick ass cook. She sort of made us all quiver in her presence, but each of us respected her on a high level. Sadly, she passed away in 1992. But recently, her daughter gave my aunt a box with some of Ol' Aunt Elyse's stuff. In it were several of her prized recipe files. Since my Aunt is not a cook, she passed the gems along to my Mother who is the center of all food culture in our family. And knowing that I am also an epicurean, my Mom gave me a coveted glance of the treasure. Their value is not lost on me. I am chomping at the bit to do something big with many of these recipes. She even had an entire box dedicated to cakes and frostings. HELLO! I have a blog called Buttercream Buzz! Now I know that I come by all of this honestly. After I try out a few of these sure-to- please concoctions, I will be posting them. Can you tell that I am losing my mind over here? This is the best gift that I have received all year. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment