Friday, October 21, 2011

Our Castle Turned into a Circus Tent

We normally have a grey castle in our playroom. When I was planning the party, I thought... "Wouldn't it be cool if we could turn it into a Circus Tent and use it to adorn the backyard for Milo's birthday party?" I found some wide, satin ribbon at the floral supply store and commissioned my Mom (who is beyond talented) to sew together a top for the tent. It only took her an hour or so to create this masterpiece. At first, Milo was not thrilled by the fact that we changed his tent (even if it was only temporary.) I decided to turn it into a puppet theatre/circus tent to help "sell" the idea. Thankfully, he got into it. It has been nearly a week since we converted it and he hasn't asked us to remove the "costume".

My Mom is truly incredible. She used to make all of my prom dresses and formals when was in high school. And she made all of the bedding for our babies when they were born. Even though I have a BS in Home Economics, I cannot sew. I have always relied on my Mom to it for me. Once again, she knocked it out of the park. What would I do without her?








No comments:

Post a Comment