Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Chocolate Zucchini Banana Mini Muffins




Recently, we found out that my daughter has outgrown her wheat allergy. Because of this, I have been looking for fun ways to celebrate. The doctor has advised her to eat small amounts, at first, building up as time goes on. Mini muffins are the perfect solution. I had a few things that I needed to use up, namely bananas and zucchini. After I little research and some tinkering, I came up with the following recipe. They are divine.


2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of cardamom
1/2 cup good quality cocoa (I prefer Valrhona)
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup grated zucchini, squeezed dry

Sift together dry ingredients and set aside. Whisk eggs, sugars, oil, sour cream, and vanilla till well blended. Stir in banana, and zucchini. Stir in dry ingredients just till moistened. Spoon into well greased or paper lined muffin tins. (Or if you have one, use a small scoop.) Bake at 325 for about 18 minutes.

-Makes about 5 1/2 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment