Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Etsy: How do I love, thee? Let me count the ways!

If you do not yet know about Etsy, you really should check it out. It is the most fabulous website in the history of the internet, where artisans and craft people peddle their wares. You can find almost anything from artwork to toys and clothing. The prices are generally quite fair and most items arrive on your doorstop, lickety split. When I was planning my son's Toy Story-themed party, I went to their site to see what fun things they might have. And boy, did I hit gold. I found so much for the party including the invitation, the favor bags, a shirt for my son to wear and labels to put on the water bottles.

The invitation was one of the coolest things we have done for a party. Usually, I make the invitations for days in advance. And often, they end up being quite expensive after I buy all of the ingredients. I ordered these and the designer entered all of our personal details. Then he sent them to me via a pdf which I took to Kinkos and printed out myself on a self-help machine. The grand total for everything was around $25 and that covered 30 invitations! Here is the invite that we purchased...




I thought it would be a fun way to get the kids to drink more water since we were having a party at a Jr. gym so I bought this label from InviteDelightToo which arrived as a pdf. I printed them out at home and adhered them to water bottles from Costco...



MadeCuteJust4U made the shirt, which we personalized for my son...



Jettabees made the favor bags for me...


There are tons of other fun things to check out on Etsy. This is just what we used. And there is a full spectrum of party themes. Your party guests will be impressed and you will not have to do ALL of the work yourself!








No comments:

Post a Comment