Monday, October 18, 2010

Monster Cupcakes & Halloween Fun

Every year, my daughter's original baby group gets together for a Halloween costume party. The kids are now five and a couple of siblings have joined the group. It is an event that I look forward to for months. We hosted the party at our house yesterday and had a lot of fun making goodies and decorating. The cupcakes were decorated with all kinds of candy. I just filled up several bowls with all kinds of shapes, sizes and colors. We also cut up some licorice strands. I frosted the cupcakes and handed them off to my decorating crew (Ella, 5; Milo, 3; and Gabe, if I revealed his age he might kill me). Milo's cupcakes looked less like monsters and more like giant mounds of candy corns. Ella's were the most elaborate and she had a story about each of them. This would also be a really great activity if you are looking for a Halloween party activity. Just pre-frost the cupcakes and let the kids go to town. Just be prepared for sticky fingers!




Veggies can be fun! We got this idea from a magazine and it was a hit.


Carmel apples (a classic) & Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting



The spread. The candy corn seemed to disappear before our very eyes!



My husband and kids helped me decorate these scary beasts.



As it turns out, kids like candy. Even the monsters knew they were in trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment