Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cupcake and Wine Pairings




This past weekend I was wine tasting in the Santa Ynez Valley. We were with several people and one of them happened to mention a winery that does tastings, pairing wines with... cupcakes. Naturally, this got my attention. How fabulous is that? Two of my favorite vices, together! Talk about a buttercream buzz!

Truth be told, I gravitate toward savory foods when I chose foods to accompany my wine selections. And I have never been that into dessert wine. But I am curious about this whole thing. I went online an Googled "Cupcake and Wine Pairing" and got back thousands of suggestions. How did I miss this phenomenon?

We never made it to the winery that was doing the cupcake tastings. But I am thinking about throwing together a little party with some girlfriends and trying this thing out. There is a lot of information out there, online. Here are some wonderful suggestions...



From Snooth

And there is a lot more out there to check out if you are interested. Stay tuned, as I WILL be doing it and will be happy to report on the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment