Tuesday, August 31, 2010

MasterChef Cookbook is now available!



Amazon delivered my copy of the new MasterChef Cookbook today, hot off the presses. It was written by my friend, JoAnn Cianciulli, and features many of the recipes that you have seen the contestants prepare on FOX's new hit show. It is a great book to have in your library, offering tips on stocking a pantry, selecting cookware and suggestions on wine pairings (from judge Joe Bastianich.) There are lots of recipes from the contestants, judges and Cat Cora's halibut dish from last week's episode. I would highly recommend it to anyone who loves to cook and especially to fans of the show.

Working on MasterChef was so much fun for me, personally. Even though I have been in "the biz" for close to 20 years and have worked on many shows. This one, in particular, was really special. The people involved from the producers to the production assistants were top notch. We all were passionate about the project and worked very hard, with limited resources and a short amount of time. I have been so proud of how it turned out. As the set decorator, my focus is always the "look" of the show and I think my crew really knocked it out of the park. And it is really fun to see all of this in a cookbook; something I can keep on my shelf, always. The coolest thing is watching the show each week. So much fun!

GREAT job to JoAnn and her outstanding culinary team. I hope that these books sell like hotcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment